On this page you will find a regularly updated list of forthcoming Presentations & Publications and links/embeds of previous appearances. In addition to presentations and publications, from April 2-17 the Managing your Digital Footprint MOOC runs every month. Follow us on Twitter or Register for the MOOC here.
Upcoming Presentations & Publications (and related projects)
- September 2016 – Sept. 2017 – Co-investigator on the PTAS-funded “A Live Pulse”: YikYak for understanding teaching, learning and assessment at Edinburgh project.
- 18th October 2017 – Working with Social Media Data: Ethics & Good Practice around Collecting, Using and Storing Data for the College of Arts Humanities and Social Sciences Digital Scholarship programme.
- 17th November 2017 – Digital Footprint MOOC (title TBC), invited presentation for the 3rd Digital and Information Literacy Forum, Scottish Government, Victoria Quay, Edinburgh
Recent Presentations & Publications
- 4th October 2017 – Managing Your Digital Footprint & Taking Control of Your Online Self, invited talk at “InfoSec Awareness Week Keynotes at the Informatics Forum” for the University of Edinburgh Information Security Awareness Week.
- 11th August 2017 – Is Your Online Reputation Hurting You? Edinburgh Fringe show as part of #codi17. Book here: http://bit.ly/codi17df. Or explore the other wonderful Cabaret of Dangerous Ideas shows at: http://codi.beltanenetwork.org/
- 6th July 2017 – Invited presentation: “If I Googled you, what would I find? Managing your digital footprint” for the UK Parliamentary Digital Service’s Cyber Security Week, Palace of Westminster, London.
- 3-4th July 2017 – Co-Chairing (with Stefania Manca) the “Social Media in Education” Mini Track at the European Conference on Social Media 2017 (#ECSM2017); I will also be presenting a paper: “Exploring Risk, Privacy and the Impact of Social Media Usage with Undergraduates” authored by Louise Connelly and I, and my shortlisted entry to the Social Media in Practice Excellence Awards 2017: “EDINA Digital Footprint Consultancy & Training Service”, Mykolas Romeris University, Vilnius, Lithuania.
- 30th June 2017 – Invited presentation, “Best Footprint Forward” as part of the “Publishing: Disruption and Evolution within the Industry” session at the 5th Annual ReCon Conference 2017.
- 23rd June 2017 – “Is your online reputation harming you?”, a mini version of my #CODI17 show as part of a special show – with Stephen Lawrie, compered by Susan Morrison – for The Cabaret of Dangerous Ideas at the Edinburgh International Film Festival (programme here).
- 6th-7th June 2017 – “If I googled you – what would I find? Managing your digital footprint“, invited presentation for the CILIPS Annual Conference 2017: Strategies for Success. View or download the slides here. See also my liveblog notes from day two of #cilips17.
- 5th April 2017 – “Managing your Digital Footprint : Taking control of the metadata and tracks and traces that define us online” invited presentation for CIG Scotland‘s 7th Metadata & Web 2.0 Seminar: “Somewhere over the Rainbow: our metadata online, past, present & future“.
- 3rd April 2017 – Managing your Digital Footprint MOOC launch – sign up here: https://goo.gl/jgHLQs.
- 23rd March 2017 – Workshop for the Asthma UK Patient Involvement Fair.
- 13th March 2017 – Social Media & Public Engagement training session for Edinburgh Napier University.
- 22nd February 2017 – “Yik Yak for Teaching, Learning and Assessment at Edinburgh” presentation for the University of Edinburgh Social Media Community.
- 23rd January 2017 – “Social media and blogging to develop and communicate research in the arts and humanities” – invited presentation for Academic Publishing: Routes to Success, University of Stirling. Accompanying resources: Action Plan (PDF) and Blogging Schedule (PDF).
- 19th January 2017 – “Enhancing your research impact through social media” – session at the Edinburgh Postgraduate Law Conference 2017: “Law & its boundaries”. See also associated Action Plan and Content Schedule resources.
- 11th January 2017 – Social Media in Marketing and in Support of Your Personal Brand – invited seminar for 4th Year Marketing Students at Abertay University. Associated Handout.
- 11th January 2017 – Best Practices for Social Media in Teaching & Learning Contexts (#AbTLEJan2017) – invited presentation for staff at Abertay University.
- Archive: Presentations & Publications in 2016
- Archive: Presentations & Publications in 2015
- Archive: Presentations & Publications in 2014
- Archive: Presentations & Publications in 2013
- Archive: Presentations & Publications in 2012
- Archive: Presentations & Publications in 2011
- Archive: Presentations & Publications in 2010
- Archive: Presentations & Publications in 2009